Some simple things you can do to help improve your credit:
- Get a copy of your credit report. If you live in Kentucky, you are entitled to a free copy every year. You can get it from www.annualcreditreport.com. Do not take any of the add-ons, just go straight through for your free report.
- Once you have it, look it over. If you see things on there that don’t belong on there, you should contact the creditor to see about it AND write a letter to the credit reporting agency disputing that information.
- Those two steps can bring up your credit score.
- Also, you should make sure to pay your creditors every month, on time, even if it isn’t the full amount. (Of course paying the full amount owed is better.) Some places will let you pay a few days late without penalizing you, as long as you call and let them know. Every time you pay late, and it gets reported to the credit agencies, that hurts your credit, so try to make your payments on time every month.
5.If you don’t happen to have any credit, as in you have never had a loan or credit card, then and only then, I would suggest getting a credit card to use every month or so, just get something small, and immediately pay it off, so that you start to build credit.
- If you follow these simple steps, you hopefully won’t have to contact us about filing for bankruptcy later.
One thought on “Some simple things you can do to help improve your credit”
Th’tas going to make things a lot easier from here on out.